Newnan Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcyclists lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle and are more vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, contact Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. as soon as possible. Our Newnan motorcycle accident attorneys can help you pursue the maximum compensation available under the law for your injuries.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. are tough advocates for injured motorcyclists.
- We have unmatched results in motor vehicle accident cases, including more million-dollar settlements in Coweta County than any other law firm.
- Our firm has seven out of 10 of the largest traffic crash recoveries in the county.
- We operate on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us any legal fees until we settle or win your case.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash caused by the negligence of another, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney right away. Motorcycle wrecks can cause serious injuries requiring extensive medical treatment and time away from work. Our Newnan motorcycle accident lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to help maximize your recovery for serious motorcycle accident injuries.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports :
- 5,286 people were killed in motorcycle crashes in 2016.
- The motorcycle fatality rate in 2016 was 60.90 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
- 88,000 people were injured in motorcycle accidents in 2015, the most recent year for which injury statistics are available.
- The motorcyclist injury rate in 2015 was 1,028 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles are smaller, less visible, and less stable than four-wheeled passenger vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that approximately one-third of all multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes involve another driver turning into the path of the motorcycle. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Cars turning left in the path of the motorcycle: Inattentive drivers making a left-hand turn fail to register an approaching motorcycle and turn directly into its path, cutting the motorcyclist off.
- Unsafe lane changes: When a motorcycle is in a driver’s blind spot, failure of the driver to signal and do a head check can lead to a crash when changing lanes.
- Following too closely: A rear-end collision that may be a minor accident when two passenger vehicles are involved can be fatal for a motorcyclist who is hit from behind.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are texting, talking on the phone, or otherwise distracted may fail to register a motorcycle in the roadway.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol: Alcohol-impaired driving was involved in 1,454 fatal motorcycle crashes in 2017 and 1,425 in 2016.
- Dangerous roadways: Potholes, uneven pavement, and debris or dead animals in the road can cause a motorcycle rider to lose control and crash.
Damages You Can Recover
After a serious motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries. Damages you may be entitled to claim include medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and pain and suffering.
Contact Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. Today
We believe that the party or parties that are responsible for motorcycle accidents should be held accountable for the injuries they cause. Contact Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. to schedule a consultation, if you have been hurt in a motorcycle crash caused by someone else’s negligence. Our Coweta County personal injury lawyers will fight for your compensation and recovery.