Newnan Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries or death. If you have been hurt on someone else’s property, our Newnan slip and fall accident attorneys can verify your potential premises liability claim. At Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C., we operate on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay legal fees until we recover compensation for you.
Why Choose Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C.
We are a leading personal injury law firm in Newnan, Georgia because:
- We have unmatched results in personal injury cases in Coweta County.
- Our attorneys have more than 100 combined years of experience working and living in the community we serve.
- We provide dedicated personal attention to each of our clients, ensuring that their legal needs are fully met.
Why You Need and Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies and retail businesses have teams of lawyers who will want to settle your case as quickly as possible for as little as possible. Slip and fall accidents are complicated premises liability cases in which the key to recovering compensation is providing liability. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident to determine fault
- Obtain and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Assess the full extent of your damages
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight for your rights in court if necessary
Slip and Fall Accident Statistics
As reported by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI):
- Slip and falls account for more than one million emergency room visits per year in the U.S.
- Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims and the leading cause of occupational injury among workers ages 55 and older.
- Floors and flooring materials contribute to more than two million fall injuries every year.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur virtually anywhere — at home, at work, at a friend’s house, in a restaurant, or while you are out shopping. Common causes of slip and fall accidents on someone else’s property include:
- Floors that were recently mopped or waxed
- Uneven flooring surfaces
- Loose rugs, mats, and floorboards
- Spilled liquids that are not cleaned up promptly
- Splashes of oil or grease that are not promptly removed
- Unsalted ice on walkways
- Potholes in parking lots
- Debris or trash on the floor
- Cords running across walkways
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see obstacles
- Missing handrails on stairways
Proving Liability in a Slip and Fall Claim
To recover damages for a slip and fall accident, you must show that the property owner or management was negligent. There are three instances in which the property owner may be liable for slip and fall injuries:
- The property owner or its employee caused or created an unsafe condition.
- The facility or property owner knew of the dangerous condition and did not try to correct it.
- The property owner or its employee should have known about the dangerous condition in reasonably maintaining the facility.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover
Damages you may be entitled to claim in a slip and fall accident case include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Contact Our Firm Today
At Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C., our Coweta County personal injury lawyers are tough advocates for injured people. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call our firm at (770) 251-7100 and schedule a free consultation.