Newnan Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
Trusted truck accident attorneys in Newnan determine the causes of your accident
Trucking accidents can be extremely frightening for all parties involved. Unlike car accidents, trucking accidents are associated with unique legal issues, regulations, and significant damages. Our tractor-trailer accident attorneys at Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. are well-versed in the complex legal issues involved in trucking accidents in the state of Georgia.
We sort out the liability issues and ensure that those at fault are held responsible. In our nearly 100 years of combined experience as Newnan injury attorneys, we have recovered more multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts than any other law firm in Coweta County history.
Why Choose Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. for a Truck Accident Claim?
- At Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C., our team understands the complexities of truck accident claims in Georgia, and we have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of the case on your behalf.
- We will fight to protect your rights every step of the way, and we have no problem taking your case trial if necessary to ensure you recover compensation.
- You will never have to worry about legal fees when you work with us. We handle truck accident claims in Newnan on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay nothing until we recover the compensation you need.
Trucking is a risky business
Trucking accidents and the resulting injuries are unfortunately all too common on Georgia’s roadways, and they can happen to anyone. The sheer size of a tractor-trailer involved in an accident in Georgia caused by even the simplest of driving mistakes can lead to serious personal injuries and property damage. The nature of trucking carries unique risks. Truck drivers are on the road for many uninterrupted hours each day, and some get an inadequate amount of sleep, making it difficult to pay proper attention to the operation of their vehicles. While federal law limits truck drivers to eight-hour shifts, unfortunately, some drivers ignore this important safety restriction. A substantial amount of tractor-trailer accidents are due to a lack of sleep.
A number of other factors may contribute to a trucking accident, including:
Many truck accidents result in death, and survivors often suffer serious damage, including spinal cord and brain injuries. Our attorneys help you get just compensation for your injuries by conducting extensive accident investigations and filing thorough claims against all liable parties.
Identifying the causes and accountable parties
A number of trucking safety restrictions and operation requirements are upheld in Georgia. Accident liability is usually directed at either the truck drivers or their companies. We conduct the extensive research necessary to determine if the applicable legal safety requirements have been met, such as safety testing, insurance coverage, and equipment inspections. Our assertive trucking accident attorneys make sure to go after all parties who may be liable.
Types of Compensation Available for a Newnan Truck Accident Claim
Truck accident victims in Newnan may be able to recover a wide range of compensation types if their incident was caused by the negligence of a truck driver, trucking company, or truck manufacturer. Our attorneys have a track record of success in recovering significant economic and non-economic damages on behalf of personal injury victims throughout Georgia.
- Economic damages refers to calculable expenses truck accident victims are likely to experience after the incident occurs. These types of expenses can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emergency medical bills
- Ongoing medical treatment needed for recovery
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Lost income if the victim cannot work
- Property damage expenses
- Regular out-of-pocket expenses that arise due to the incident
- Non-economic damages refer to less calculable expenses, the types of losses that are more immeasurable due to their very nature. You will often hear of these damages referred to as pain and suffering losses, but they are more than that. These are the types of challenges individuals face due to their injuries and the recovery process, including feelings of stress and anxiety, a loss of quality of life, as well as physical and emotional pain.
The total amount of compensation paid to truck accident victims in Georgia will vary depending on the overall severity of their injuries, whether or not there was any shared fault, the level of property damage, and the level of any disability that sidelines an individual.
How Will an Attorney Help This Claim?
After a tractor-trailer accident in Newnan, it is imperative for the claims to work with a skilled attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer will get to work quickly investigating the incident and gathering all evidence needed to help prove liability to the insurance carriers or a personal injury jury. Simultaneously, a lawyer will ensure that their client is evaluated by a doctor as well as economic professionals throughout the claim to help adequately calculate total expected losses.
A truck accident lawyer will handle all communication with insurance carriers, legal teams, and other parties involved so their client can focus on recovering from their injuries. Importantly, even though an attorney will work towards a fair settlement, they will also fully prepare the claim for trial in case the other parties refuse to offer a fair settlement.
Contact our tractor-trailer accident attorneys in Georgia to piece together the complex liability issues
If you’ve suffered injuries due to a tractor-trailer accident, let us fight for you and obtain the justice you deserve. Contact our Coweta County and Georgia Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers online or call us at (770) 251-7100 for a free consultation. Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. are the go-to litigators in Georgia, proudly serving clients in Newnan, Peachtree City, and Metro Atlanta.