Newnan Drunk Driving Attorney
A driver who is under the influence of alcohol has bad judgment, makes errors, and is often the cause of a serious or deadly car accident. If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, call Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. today. Our Newnan drunk driving lawyers are committed to holding violators accountable and pursuing the maximum compensation available for injured victims.
Why Choose Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C.?
Our team of Newnan personal injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help you with any and all drunk driving injury cases.
- We have achieved unmatched results in automobile accident cases in Coweta County, including more million-dollar settlements in the county than any other law firm.
- Our firm is responsible for 7 out of 10 of the largest auto collision recoveries in Coweta County.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis – you don’t owe any legal fees unless we secure compensation for you.
Why You Need to Hire a Drunk Driving Lawyer
The aftermath of an accident caused by a drunk driver is a frightening time. The injuries are often very serious, life-threatening, or fatal. The cost of medical care and treatment are typically very high, along with the financial losses associated with the inability to work. With the help of our personal injury lawyers, you can be confident that your case will be handled professionally.
Our extensive experience in car accident cases makes us better able to serve you. We will manage every detail of the process for you. The first step is a comprehensive valuation of your case to determine the level of compensation that should be pursued, which is likely far more than an insurance company will offer. We do not want you to become a victim of standard insurance company tactics geared to reduce the compensation paid to you.
Drunk Driving Accidents in Newnan: Dram Shop Laws and Your Case
With a staggering 24 percent of fatal car crashes in Georgia involving an alcohol-impaired driver, sharing the road can be dangerous. Drivers who are over the limit will be unable to operate a vehicle safely. Whether the alcohol was consumed at home, at a bar, restaurant, or other venues, under the Georgia Code, it may be possible to file a lawsuit against both the driver and the seller of alcohol in cases in which the person was under 21, or was noticeably intoxicated, or when the seller was aware the intoxicated individual planned to drive.
Damages in a Drunk Driving Accident Case
The damages pursued after an injury or death caused by a drunk driver can include:
- Economic Damages: The cost of medical care, hospitalization, medications, estimated costs of future medical treatment, rehabilitation, the cost of refitting a home if the person now has permanent disabilities, along with the loss of income from work, lost earning capacity, costs of transportation and other actual costs must be pursued.
- Non-Economic Damages: These are damages that impact your personal life, including loss of quality of life, emotional anguish, loss of consortium, or the suffering associated with serious bodily damage such as limb amputation, disfiguring scars, or a brain or spinal cord injury affecting cognitive abilities and motion.
- Punitive Damages: This is a type of financial compensation that is imposed solely to punish, penalize or deter the negligent party. Under Georgia Code, punitive damages can be pursued in a lawsuit in some cases in which it can be established that the drunk driver acted in a manner intended to cause harm, was an act of willful misconduct, malice, wantonness, or a conscious indifference to the consequences of his or her actions.
Contact Us Today
There is no excuse for driving while intoxicated. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, contact Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis, P.C. today. Our team of Newnan drunk driving attorneys will fight for you and your loved ones’ justice.