Trusted Newnan Car Accident Attorneys Protect Your Right to Recovery
Professional auto accident attorneys in the Newnan/Peachtree City area guide you through your complex claim
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be too shaken to know what to do to protect your rights. Regardless of a bystander’s compassionate or helpful intentions, it is important to remember to take certain actions at the time of an accident to ensure that your claim is not compromised. A skilled Newnan car accident attorney from Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis P.C. can give you the proper advice and representation you need to protect your rights and your claim. You can trust the law firm with the most multimillion-dollar settlements in the county under its belt.
Tips for actions following an accident
Our many years of experience enable our auto accident attorneys to provide you with the following tips on what to do if you get into a car accident in or around Newnan:
- Do not leave the scene – By law, if you have been involved in an accident that has caused injury or death, one of the first things you must do is exchange information with the other people involved in the collision. This includes providing your driver’s license, name, address and vehicle registration to the other parties. You are not allowed to leave the scene unless you have performed these actions.
- Notify your insurance company – You are required by your insurance contract to notify your insurer as soon as an accident occurs. Failure to do so can result in denial of coverage and substantial financial loss.
- Take photographs – Use the camera on your cellphone to document the aftermath of the accident, including all injuries and damage. Do not be afraid to take pictures of everything. These pictures may serve as a valuable source of evidence in future court claims and proceedings.
- Seek medical attention – Don’t try to walk it off, no matter how minor your injury may seem. There are a number of reasons why seeing a doctor can be important to your claim. First and foremost, the full extent of your injuries may not be immediately apparent to you, and only a doctor can authoritatively determine the nature and scope of the physical damage. Also, a doctor’s examination is required to substantiate that your injuries occurred as a result of the accident.
- Mind what you say – Other than providing the information required by law, it is preferred that you say very little. Whatever you say at the scene can be used against you in a future claim. Do not speak to the other party’s insurer before speaking to your car accident attorney. Never admit guilt or sign a settlement agreement without a competent Newnan car accident attorney by your side.
- Contact your attorney – You may think you can handle the legal process on your own or with the aid of a legal guidebook. However, an experienced, knowledgeable Newnan auto accident attorney can provide you with the optimal course of action to ensure that your rights are properly protected. Get an auto accident lawyer who goes the extra mile for you.
Whatever the cause of your accident and the resulting damage and injuries, you can trust the Newnan car accident attorneys of Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis P.C. to competently take control of your legal claim. We conduct thorough research into your accident to establish liability and pursue your case with the legal problem-solving skills that come with decades of service.
Contact our dedicated Newnan car accident attorneys to seek just compensation
Your case deserves proper representation to get full compensation for your injuries. Contact Kam, Ebersbach & Lewis P.C. online or call us at (770) 251-7100 for a free consultation about your car accident claim. We proudly serve clients in the Atlanta metro area and all over Georgia, including Peachtree City and Newnan.